Thursday, March 17, 2005

Back to Being Me

I decided in the night that I couldn't go ahead with me plans. Instead, I chose to remember my lonely and sad childhood. It was funny because I felt that my parents loved their pets more than me, although I was their flesh and blood, their birth son, born of trauma and broken birth canals. My parents had a workshop in the basement where they fabricated details and created masterful faux-finishes. They had two children: myself (they called me Peanut) and my younger brother (they called him Corn Nut). They had four cats and an indoor gymnasium. The cats each had their own room, while Corn Nut and I lived in the crawl space above the camper van which sat unused in the free-standing garage behind the house.

Our family name was Irkwell. As Corn Nut and I grew into teenagers we became very punk and started a band called "Cribdeath." We practiced in the garage every Tuesday afternoon with sticks on barrels, a broken electric guitar and an amp we found in a trash heap down the street. What an interesting trash heap to be sure.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a sad childhood. However I think I remember Cribdeath. Did you guys ever put out an album?

Anonymous said...

I was in a punk band with my sister called Cranky. Our first song was called Wrong Hole.

Anonymous said...

where is troll? I brought scrabble, even though I don't like vowels. Sometimes Y is a vowel. That's scary.

Anonymous said...

I can't remember. I have no memories. You one ever loved me.

Anonymous said...

stillborn
you
goat
death
vowel

Anonymous said...

hi goblin!!! it's troll. i brought yahtzee. i guess it will be a word game day for us. why don't you like vowels?

Anonymous said...

Chad, nice poem. I like it.

Mountain Man said...

stillborn are you my dead twin talking to me through the blog? that is super intense. i need some of troll's superjuice to deal with that one.

Mountain Man said...

We never put out an album of Cribdeath's songs. We just made some low-quality tapes. We never "hit it big."

Anonymous said...

Being unloved is commonplace. Take heart that you are not alone, just lonely. Write a poem. Here is mine:


relentless gnashing of teeth
screeching fibroid tumors
the melody of slashing
Mommie is home

relentless needing of flesh
repetitive longing
the memory of hating everyone
gone



I need to work on the last stanza
but I feel good about it. You?

Mountain Man said...

i love it, fetus. especially the screeching fibroid tumor part. i don't know why but i am thinking maybe you could talk about a rash too. rashes are interesting.

Anonymous said...

HI TROLL!!!
Yahtzee is my favorite! I don't know why vowels are bad. They just are. There is something about eeeeeeeeeeeeee that gives me the shakes. I did not like traveling to Hawaii. Everything there was vowel-y.

Anonymous said...

hey MM, have you seen Gwendoline? I may need one of her healing potions. I overstayed my welcome at the oasis.

Mountain Man said...

I have not seen Gwendoline for a while. I was wondering about her recently. Maybe we can draw her out.

Anonymous said...

Don't be afraid of the vowels goblin!!! They won't hurt you. Even in Hawaii. They still won't.

Anonymous said...

Ua ao ka `ao`ao `upena nei, ua hiki mai la `oe, goblin.

You are not welcome on my island.

Anonymous said...

that Hawaiian guy is mean. I thought they were supposed to be all laid back and whatnot?

see what I mean about the vowels?

Anonymous said...

He seems full of the bad kind of shit. I would not be afraid. Although the vowels are too much you are right. GO AWAY VOWELS!!!